Coming to the UK as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status Agreement
If you are a national of China and you would like to come to the UK as part of a group of tourists for less than 30 days, then you can apply as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status agreement.
In order to qualify for entry clearance as a visitor under the ADS agreement, you must be a national of China and you must be able to satisfy the following requirements, as set out in paragraph 56G of the Immigration Rules:
- You intend to visit the UK for no more than 30 days;
- You intend to enter, leave and travel within the UK as a member of a tourist group of five or more people under the ADS Memorandum of Understanding;
- You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
- You have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends; and
- You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
You must also be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:
- Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits;
- Take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public; or
- Undertake a course of study.
You will be granted entry clearance to the UK for a period of not exceeding 30 days and you will not be able to extend you stay in the UK.
If you would like further advice or assistance with making an application for entry clearance as a visitor under the ADS agreement, please contact our immigration barristers in Covent Garden, London on 0203 617 9173 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org